What is Kado
Constructed decorative art, is made with plant and others calls “Ikebana” of “Kado”.
There are many denominations and each way and methods of them are so different.
Kado is an art was born in Japan and it’s popular in world wide.
Occidental flower arrangement is based on a point of view to have standard form from every angle such as three dimensionally. In the case of Kado, depends on the denomination but express three dimensional spacing with two dimensional spaces. And it arranges with branch/trunk form, moss, leafs and enjoys the total balance. It says pomp work is not an art.
After transmission of Buddhism, it became common to put a flower to Buddha statue. In the Muromachi period, a space of “Oshiita” was common to decorate the room. Normally the space is where to decorate with vase, incense burner, and candle stand. It says like this Kado started.
At the same time established Tea ceremony and affected by tea ceremony preparation and decoration, developed Kado.
In the temple “Daikakuji”, is one of the headquarters of denominations of Kado. The date of Saga emperor’s death, they hold a various Kado demonstrations and decorations for few days. At the same day, will appear many stands related with Kado tools and others.
The most famous Events!
Please, look at before your travel and planning
- Fude Hajime [2nd-4th]Kitano-tenmangu
- Kemari Hajime [3rd] Shimogamo shrine
- Toshi-ya [15th] Sanju-sangen-do
- Setsubun [2nd-25th] Mibu temple
- Baika Festival [25th] Kitano-tenmangu
- Nagashi Bina [3rd] Shimogamo Shrine
- Miyayo Odori [1st] Gion-kobu-kaburenjo
- Mibu Kyogen [21st-29th] Mibu temple
- Aoi Festival [1st] Kamigamo shrine, Shimogamo shrine
- Kibune Festival [1st] Kibune shrine
- Gion Festival [7th] on the corner of Shijo st. and Karasuma st.
- Daimonji Gozan Okuribi [16th]
- Seimei shrine Reisai [Autumnal Equinox Day] Seimei shrine
- Mibu Kyogen [include the 2nd Mon., for 3days] Mibu temple
- Era Festival [22nd] Heian Jingu
- hitakisa [8th] Fushimi Inari Taisha
- Joya-no Kane [31st] Kurama temple, etc.